Sunday, February 04, 2007

Billy Goats Gruff



I passed my first semester. Hoorah. I now have 6(+) weeks to do my diploma project which is to be aimed at a particular age group of human larvae. I don't really go along with this whole 'pitch it to an audience' thing. If it's good, people will buy it is what I like to believe, although people don't seem to be buying Shaun Tan's work. What's wrong with all of you? His new book "The Arrival" is out now and it's amazing.

Above is a a sort of rough for the first page of BGG, just to see how things fit on the page. It may end up looking something like this or completely different, I haven't decided yet. You may notice that I've adapted the text a little.

2 comments:

faithb said...

I like your goats like speech bubbles :-)

I think it *is* important to know your intended audience, especially when you are aiming to children. Because otherwise it can get confusing (for them, and for you ... I like limitations, it hones the skills)

Approve this comment, damn you!
Oh, and well done plus good luck ;-)

Berbank said...

speech bubbles? :)
But isn't that sort of limitation just second guessing? I like limitations like colour restrictions, or time, or size, or anything like that, but categorising your audience just feels wrong to me. Argue with me :)

Don't know why this approval thing has started happening, should be fixed now...