Monday, October 16, 2006

Toys

Beginning the Toy project, I started with a little red wind up toy and ended with a pastel redering of a Gloomy Bear on my bedroom floor. The pictures going down are reverse chronological, so the top one here is the latest.


Using oils for the second time , here are the red wind-up toy bear and the blue soft toy rabbit. Unfortunately I ruined the painting a bit when I scanned it, but not very badly.


The blue rabbit done in pastels. This took about 2 hours I think as each hair was drawn to match the direction of hair on the actual toy. I should really have put a background in for this to make it look more complete.

A pastel study of the red bear composed as a lose narrative.


Early colour test of the bear using pastels and crayons.


Trying out different ways to get down the form in an interesting way. Pen, crayon, pencil, pastel.


A sketch of a display in forbidden planet.

No comments: