Monday, November 27, 2006

Acrylic Ink

After my outing with James last Monday I've been looking into different inks to use in the Aquash Water Brush. I was using the Rowney Drawing Ink, but the shellac in it was bunging up the brush. so then I tried Dr. Ph. Martin's concentrated water colour which was much more friendly. I got this in blue though as the big black pot was expensive and I didn't really like the results. So then I got FW Acrylic Artists Ink (black) and it's great. The aquash brush seems to have an airtight seal so the brush never dries out and the ink worked well with the brush. Below is a drawing done using the FW ink and a Faber-Castell artist pen then fiddled about with a bit in photoshop.


Here I just started drawing to see what would happen. All done with an art pen.

No comments: