Friday, November 17, 2006

There's a light in here somewhere

More life drawing. Life drawing is always rewarding to do, even if the results aren't rewarding to look at. I've gone at these in different ways:

The first I scratched out in pen and then went over roughly using the graphitone.

This one I used the same pen and graphitone but tried to be more economical with line and tone.


Dipped ink using a flat edged pen.


I still don't feel like I've found a way to capture what I see in a way I like yet. I found an illustration book in the 2nd year BA Illustration student's room the other day and found a few inspirational images that go someway towards where I want to be. And a girl in my class, Biddy, showed me some work by a French artist called Nicolas De Crecy, who has worked with Sylvain Chomet, and that's been very useful. I still feel like I'm in the dark looking for that light switch though.

No comments: