Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Acrylic - Art Rage 2 comparison

I did the Acrylic first so this might not be a very fair comparison, however, you can easily see that the precision and colour choice and composition is much worse in the acrylic.


The Art Rage 2 painting is much more vibrant, controlled and slightly better composed. I've still got a lot to learn about colour obviously, but it seems to me it's quite cohesive. The ground colour is a bit sickly.


The Art Rage Painting took about the same time to do, didn't use up lots of expensive paint, has better colours, was much easier to use, and had a more versatile tool kit. I don't think there was anything I could do in acrylic I couldn't do in Art Rage 2 but lots of things I could do in AR2 that I couldn't do with the acrylics. Maybe once I get better at painting I'll change my view on that.

1 comment:

Jimmy said...

That acrylic paint just takes time to learn. But you are right about Art Rage. I have done some work on my blog.Randy

Like what you are doing with it. It is a fun program.