Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Not from life

I'm still enjoying playing with Art Rage 2. I've bought some acrylics and have been learning how to use them and the other day my mum came over and taught me a few a tricks (she's an art teacher). I bought a wonderful book by Ashely Wood which is full of sketches and paintings he'd done and we tried to copy one of the illustrations, which wasn't easy. I'm still useless at painting and find Art Rage 2 much easier to get things done with. Below is a quick 30 second painting done in it. I don't know why I gave her such a large belly.

Here are some sketches I've been doing trying to find a style I like.

I painted these characters in acrylic and hated the results. I just couldn't get colours I liked or any precision with the brush, so I did it again in art Rage 2.

No comments: