Wednesday, September 13, 2006

From the Park

More sketches of people in the park. I'm doing these fast as I seem to be better either quick sketching without thinking or taking lots of time, anywhere in between is usually a disaster.


This one is the same as above but done in 10 seconds.

This fellow I drew starting with the negative space between his arm and torso. I'm still never really sure where to start. Normally I start with the head.


Three girls sitting in the park. The left one is the same girl drawn at different times.


An old couple on the bench. Just trying to draw shadow on this one and avoiding doing outlines as much as possible.


A few studies of a guy reading on a bench, a young girl and an old guy sitting on the bench. The bottom left one is my favourite here as it's almost all just shadow drawing, but I'm not sure it'll be obvious what the drawing is of.

1 comment:

faithb said...

ooh yes i like drawing of shadow without outline