Sunday, August 20, 2006

Concept Cats

Today I broke from the program a bit to draw up some concept sketches for a story I have in mind. The first drawings are me struggling to find a style and direction for a cat character. The ones below seemed to be heading towards Satoshi Kitamura san's work (although obviously no where near as good) so I stopped - and drew a tentacle monster at the bottom of the page.


This is another approach I quite like at the moment as it doesn't remind me of anyone else's style, at least not strongly.

The story requires the cat to eat the Sun. I'm not sure how to do this at the moment, so the cat may turn into a monster at some point.

1 comment:

faithb said...

Ha ha! I read your remarks in reverse and was about to say that while quite original, they did instantly remind me of Kitamura's cat pictures.

But as you realised that already, I can't be half the smart-arse I want to be.

So I'll just say they're very, very cute and I'm looking forward to seeing the story develop.