Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The First Art Rage Paintings

Here is the first Art Rage 2 painting. Really just a wash test and playing with colour a bit.
This next one is a copy of a picture I found on the internet. I was inspired to try painting a building after finding Chris Applehans website and looking at his city study. Although all of his work is wonderful.

I should mention that the MA is being run by Martin Salisbury and I heartily recommend his book if you are interested in children's book illustration. It's a good read, well laid out and obviously beautifully illustrated.

My inspiration to do this course has come mainly from Shaun Tan whose incredible books hooked me in, and also Alice Apple, an incredible friend who encouraged me to try something new. Thanks to both of you (whatever the outcome)

1 comment:

faithb said...

Beautiful. I'm jealous and that's a good thing.