Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A bit of a Mix

Today I've decided to mix up what I do on this blog a bit. I'm going to post more work done from my imagination, mainly because I think the blog will be a bit boring if it's all line drawing for weeks on end.

This first picture (painted in Art Rage 2) I did a while back. It's based on a better sketch I've done which I should post later for comparison.


This one was the beginnings of an idea I had for a children's book but quickly realised ray guns probably aren't a sensible thing to show as things to be played with. The ray gun was going to have positive effects on people and things. I don't really like the drawing of the ray gun itself, it's too red and obvious, but I do like the buttercups and it was fun to paint them.


A sketch from Yesterday of a bit of Kings Parade.

A woman on a bench again from yesterday. The annoying thing about people is they keep moving when you try to draw them. I have about 5 sketches I couldn't finish because the subject moved around. Next time I go out I'll bring some electrical tape.


A flower. Drawn a few days ago. I don't really like this drawing which is why I didn't put it up before, but now I feel that not putting up is cheating somehow.


Another monster made in art Rage 2. this time I was looking at getting a good mix of colours. I have no colour theory knowledge at all so I'm not sure what I could do to make this better.

At the advise of Paschal (a lead animator at IdeaWorks3D) I'm going to do some eye studies soon so I can build up confidence and competence at doing portraits.

No comments: